Preparing for COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
As we prepare for the upcoming General Assembly, we are monitoring guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health and we invite you to do the same. All plans are a go for our upcoming events and activities. We are also working with the Convention Center to ensure appropriate procedures are in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. You can review their precautions in a letter prepared to address our concerns here.
The following resources are designed to streamline the flood of COVID-19 Coronavirus information circulating and offer tips to help you and your colleges move forward in this changing environment.
- CDC: Guidelines for Mass Gatherings & Meetings and COVID-19 Information
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- California Department of Public Health
- United Nations, Department of Operational Support Article: COVID-19 Outbreak: Information for Meeting Participants
- International Fact-Checking Network
- IAEE Official Statement
- CCC Chancellor's Office Resources
Things to Think About
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily.
If you become sick or even slightly ill before the General Assembly, we would encourage you to stay home and focus on your health. Unless you hear otherwise from SSCCC, the General Assembly will remain scheduled as planned. We will be working with the Convention Center to ensure they are taking precautions to sanitize and keep the event surfaces clean. We appreciate your commitment to SSCCC and we look forward to another successful General Assembly. If you have any questions or would like to share what your organization is doing, please contact the Interim Executive Director Dr. Julie Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org.